Pursuing Compliance and Business Opportunities for MBE Clients
Alexander & Cleaver is at the forefront of Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and procurement policy and related legislative issues in Maryland. We remain current with MBE requirements, availability of MBE bidding opportunities and proposed revisions that impact our MBE clients.
We work closely with the Maryland Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs (GOMA) and staff, as well as legislative bodies such as the Maryland Black Caucus and Women’s Caucus. Our attorneys and government relations consultants are active in industry groups or bar associations and work on committees concerned with state and local government procurement policies. We often share our focused experience in this area by presenting, speaking and writing about procurement and contracting topics.
Our attorneys and government relations professionals leverage our combined knowledge, experience and strong government relationships to benefit clients. We:
- Assist clients who are prime bidders on requests for proposals (RFPs) with identifying which MBE certification is necessary to satisfy MBE goals of the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT), Baltimore City and other jurisdictions
- Facilitate MBE certification under MDOT requirements for minority firms
- Advocate before the Maryland General Assembly to protect the MBE program
- Help clients navigate the intricacies of the Maryland procurement process
- Ensure that our prime and MBE clients are compliant with local and state MBE programs
- Identify contract opportunities through various vehicles for MBEs to bid as prime or subcontractor
Call us today at (301) 292-3300 or toll-free at (800) 292-5297 or contact us online.