Experienced guidance throughout the procurement process
Doing business with the government in Maryland can be complex. It requires access to key players and information, a grasp on business procedures and the industry involved, and a thorough understanding of procurement regulations.
Our legal and government relations teams combine to assist clients throughout all phases of state, county and local procurement matters. Our focus on procurement is a distinctive aspect of Alexander & Cleaver. Securing government contracts often isn’t just offering the lowest price. It’s about giving government decision-makers confidence in your company, your products, and your services — and that’s where Alexander & Cleaver can help.
Alexander & Cleaver brings our clients legal services combined with our Government Relations Team to craft winning client solutions. Some of those services include providing guidance on the following:
- Government contracts
- Bid preparation
- Contract negotiation and formation
To give you a flavor of some of the work in which we engage for clients, below is a series of specific tasks we perform to help clients move their businesses forward.
Monitoring request for proposals (RFPs)
- Report on e-Maryland Marketplace action to keep clients informed of latest updates on business opportunities
- Monitor master contract Task Order Requests for Proposals (TORFPs) and Purchase Order Requests for Proposals (PORFPs)
- Attend pre-bid hearings with clients
- Maintain consciousness about the “silent period,” to keep bidders in compliance with procurement law
Interface with Board of Public Works
- Attend all Board of Public Works meetings
- Conceptualize BPW presentations by walking clients through each step of this unique Maryland process
- Expedite items on the BPW agenda
- Amend items on the BPW agenda
- Protest items on the BPW agenda in conjunction with the direction of our legal team
- Maintain strong working relationships with BPW members and staff
- Arrange meetings with the BPW members prior to BPW meetings as appropriate
Legal | Lobby | Business Solutions
The law firm of Alexander & Cleaver, P.A. is ready to help you at one of our eight offices in Annapolis, Fort Washington, Baltimore, La Plata, Cumberland, Rockville, Alexandria, Virginia and West Palm Beach, Florida. We are available 24 hours a day to handle your most urgent needs. Call us today at 301-292-3300 or contact us online. We look forward to speaking with you.